Monday, September 12, 2005

Rejuvenated!

After a long time, I took an authentic vacation - not one of those trips where you are away from your desk but spend time in social obligations and distant cousin's marriages; But days when an empty page is your itinerary for the day, and you indulge in philosopher's hobbies and still sleep a peaceful man.

5 whole days of bliss and this is what I did!
  • I traveled - to an eco-friendly get away called Navadarshanam 40 kms off bangalore. Lots more on this!
  • I read - The story of Philosophy (Will durrant), The glass palace (Amitav Ghosh, Finished)
  • I wrote - a new script for a play that we are planning to put up somewhere in november.
  • I photographed - about a hundred snaps. Will upload them soon
  • I trekked - to the top of a small hill nearby to watch sunset at mid noon :)
  • I shopped - Not the regular dus ka paanch shopping. But classy shopping - which basically involves buying things that you have heard about, but are not sure you would enjoy but you still end up buying hoping "to extend your creative horizons" and thus leaving a sizeable hole in your pocket - Mozart, Jazz, Waltz, Salman Rushdie, Kazuo Ishiguro ...
  • I went home - And did all the blissful things that comes along with it. After about four months, all four of us had dinner together, watched movies together and reminisced together about a lot of silly stuff
  • I watched movies - Sarkar, Cindrella man, Swades (again!)
  • I yapped - A LOT!
  • ... and spent the rest of the time playing with little kids, chess, scrabble and sleeping till however long I wanted to!
Five whole days without access to e-mails, blogging or even a desire to access them. Heaven I am telling you - hopefully, over the next few days I will pick and choose little stories about all the little things I witnessed and in the process make some sense out of so many different ideas that these experiences have left in me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

Aah..like that, is it? :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Jax said...

Maaaaan!!I envy you!!!

And you finished the script for the play!!? Wow!! I gotta take a look. I am sure you have done a superb job. We lost souls were all waiting for your return! Welcome back:)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home