Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Lost my soul

The siren rings; time is ten;
Yet another day comes to an end;
lives are locked; but the process still runs
this is a middle class dream; Never ever ends

Early showers bloom black roses on gravel
Under their umbrellas, they rush to travel
funny they save themselves from the innocous rain
when they have sold their souls, are numb to pain

I am so sad that I would choke
What's worse, no one even gets the joke!

We choose seats in an empty bus
it's still raining as we make a fuss
The first seat is wet and out of place
Well, No Corner seats please
The wind's not howling but there's still a whiff
My latest hair stylist will be miffed
The aisle seats are all that's left
Well, I am ambidextrous - so either right or left!

Thanks to bumps, it's a rollercoaster ride
attractions include, accidents by your side
Trust me, we are social kittens and curious cats
but with a plastered mouth under a thinking hat
FM's tone and engine's drone
wonderfully compliment life's monotone

The traffic counter continues to tick
smoke from the auto - so surrealistic
Through the narrow crack, someone slips
just then, the counter's zero; The signal flips
Only I spot the stranger who turned left
Hey wait! that's my life that just left
It's too late now; Green means go.
I am on a road to perdition; I am glad I atleast know.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

"a plastered mouth under a thinking hat" -- couldn't have said it any better :)

Beautiful!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

*smiles* thank you :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Avinash said...

Hey Rathu,

Fantastic Read da...

I still remember those school days when u wrote stuffs like this... From ur write-ups, i cud feel one thing, for sure,Ur getting younger every day .. hehe ;-)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

thanks avinash :) but younger everyday? Enapa solla vara? chinna pilla thanama irukungriya? ;)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Avinash said...

hehe.. adapavi.. not like that.... And, dont worry, even if u get old, ur thoughts wud still b young..... ;-)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Anu said...

Rathish, just one word
"Beautiful!" :)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to your blog from RS's. She'd written something moved by one of your blogs... and I got curious. Needless to say, I'm glad I strayed this way.

There's something about rain that's always pulled at my heartstrings in unpredictable ways. I could ascribe it to S.A.D., but I like to think it's something more mystical, more tragic.

I just wanted to pipe in about this line from you poem (or ballad, or sonnet, or whatever thingmajig it is):
"Early showers bloom black roses on gravel"
Powerful imagery...

Thanks for sharing.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@Anu and @A. no nymous - Thanks so much :) For me rain is very liberating - my one chance to connect to a greater magic, a greater scheme of things!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home