Monday, July 03, 2006

My week long spa

I rarely talk in superlatives. But from where I am, right in the middle of the year, I think this (Jun 25 - Jul 2) is the best week I have had this year. I didn't realize how much I needed this until I was here and have been living through this week long spa. I have been sleeping after midnight, waking up near noon, reading a lot of poetry (Neruda, Shakespeare) and rambling on about nothings and little things that I am taking time now to notice, smile about and write.

I have watched every world cup match this week, followed the Wimbledon, the test series, the SL - ENG series and all local matches that happen next to my house. I am closely following the sensex, buying and selling stocks and laughing about it with my mom every day at three thirty. I am buying VCDs of my favorite movies - from Citizen Kane to Maniratnam favorites. And yeah, I have been talking to mom, sitting and cooking with her, visiting temples with her and cracking jokes only she'll enjoy. Apart from the few calls I got, and ONE sleepless night, work has been the last thing in my mind. Yeah, I could actually go meet a lot more friends who I haven't met in years. But if I weren't so lazy, I would feel a little more guilty :)

I should do this more often, I tell myself. Can one of you please remind me this once I get there? :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been visiting your blog last week hoping to see you write a new one. Was pleasantly surprised to see a volley of them today!
Looks like you are having a great holiday at home, bliss :-)!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didnt miss me :-( ? too bad!
anywayz, good to hear abt that. but why ONE sleepless nite? did someone come and scared you in your dreams?

P

8:48 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@Aarti - would have loved to write a little more if I weren't too busy sleeping :) Do keep coming and I promise to pleasantly surprise you again :)

@Anonymous - Yeah! Ask your brother who scared me!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poda mr."iam so busy i dont respond to emails"... good to c u r keeping well. will call you if you give me your number...if only you could figure out who this is :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger tangled said...

and NERUDA!
i smiles :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@anonymous - I have been so bad with this that I can actually think of a dozen names :-( Anyways, if it isn't too late, my number is 9886789204! Do give me a call and I am sarry!

@tharunya - sheer bliss isn't he!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u amuse me big time man

this time leaving your number

well though its not for me shall i use it ;)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home