Thursday, January 03, 2008

A blog a day - The beginning

So, it is a happy new year and all, a time painted all over with broad strokes of fairytale optimism and super-hero faith in yourself; all of this forcing you to make resolutions that you will laugh at on any given day.

I have my resolutions for 2008. And part of it is to write a blog a day. Now, this is plain presumptuous of two counts.
  • I had a brilliant idea of making a best of 2007 list of my blog posts. It was then that I realized that I have in all written only 12 or so posts in the whole year and a best-of list didn't make much sense. So to scale from 12 to 365 (30 times!) is a tad unbelievable.
  • A blog a day presupposes that I have something interesting to share everyday. You might find it hard to believe if you have not actually met me in person. If you have, you will just laugh on my face.
However, I shall persist.

The reason I started blogging back in 2004 were for many reasons. I didn't know many people, didn't have much to do and had a lot to say. More importantly, I wasn't doing anything even remotely creative in my life and I badly wanted to write (a habit I picked up seriously when I was ten).

Today, fortunately, I have sufficient avenues (and commitments) to write regularly. In 2007, I officially worked for 4 magazines and was the editor of two (I know, what was I thinking!). Each of these responsibilities cover the entire gamut of work involved in creating content. So blogging (and the need to truly say what I feel as compared to what has to be said) unfortunately took a back seat. I have been furiously typing inside my head trying hard to capture moments as they pass me by. And I have realized at the end of the year that there is a 'b shaped hole' (Aww!) that any amount writing does not fill.

So, I am back to blogging. It might not be the same type of carefully crafted (yet mostly pointless) content I have posted before. But I am hoping it will be more like a journal that gives one (and in later years, me) an idea of what I was thinking when 2008 walked on my face. And for some strange reason, you might find interesting and engaging too!

Well, that is the hope. Wish me luck.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger sakthi said...

Happy New Year to u!!

Wow a blog a day... 2008 already seems to be a good year..

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you too dude :)
Havent seen you in a while, you do know how to keep ur self busy ;)

All the very best for your resolution man... I have a similar one :P Ironically I did about 120 posts in 2007 and thought it was less ;)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay yay! :) There's something about New Years thats gets people all enthusiastic and brimming with confidence.. And although I am guilty of doing the same ever single year, it amuses me to see vows that require superhuman effort being made every year end! But for once, I honestly hope a resolution made is stuck by :) .. Have a good year!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home