Saturday, January 19, 2008

Star Gazing


No - it is not review, for I am sure you have heard enough and more about the movie. Everyone seems to have cried at some point in the movie (though, I should admit that I managed not to. Just about managed not to). Though, I should cynically admit that the movie does try too hard to achieve this objective .

The film is nice. The music is good. The boy is fantastic.

I think a film works for you when you can relate to any character in the movie. I saw this whole film through the eyes of the boy's elder brother (Disclaimer - my younger brother is the exact opposite of Ishaan Awasthi. He is a whiz with maths and cannot paint for nuts :-) And my dad was never too stuck with the achiever's label. He wanted me to become a Journalist!). But the whole image of him struggling to find his place in the world, gaining acceptance among peers and becoming a star is something that I can totally relate to. And every time I had a lump in my throat was when I could see my brother in that boy.

On an aside, My favorite scene in the movie is when the boy dresses up before dawn, walks up to the lake to see the sun rise. I don't remember the last time I saw the sun rise - There was this one time, when I was in college. Sitting on top of a scaffolding on a September morning, I saw the first shades of crimson spreading across the sky. There was this one moment both the sun and the moon take either sides of the crimson colored sky. You could get down the scaffolding, walk on the dew topped lawns and watch the first flowers bloom and convince yourself that you are in heaven.

It is all nice and fair to recognize the stars on earth. But when was the last time you stopped and stared at the stars in the sky?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Harini Padmanabhan said...

To me the movie symobolised every person's need to be accepted. That way i could relate to it a lot.

3:05 PM  
Blogger popsie said...

Very well captured! The movie and your question about the rarity of star gazing. :-)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Rashmi S said...

Head hunters in Bangalore
Consultany in Bangalore
Serviced Apartments in Bangalore
SEO Services in Bangalore
SEO Services in India

12:30 PM  
Anonymous packers and movers hyderabad said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author.Please visit here:
Packers And Movers Hyderabad

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers Jaipur said...

We are expert in Handling, Packers And Movers jaipur and Packing & Shifting of Household Goods, Office goods, Commercial Equipment and Car, Logistics and Transportation.Packers And Movers Jaipur

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers Jaipur to Gurgaon said...

Packers And Movers Jaipur to Bangalore
Packers And Movers Jaipur to Delhi
Packers And Movers Jaipur to ahmedabad
Packers And Movers Jaipur to Gurgaon
Packers And Movers Jaipur to Kolkata
Packers And Movers Jaipur to Chennai
Packers And Movers Jaipur to Pune

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers Pali said...

Packers And Movers Bhilwara
Packers And Movers Kota
Packers And Movers Ajmer
Packers And Movers Alwar
Packers And Movers Chittorgarh
Packers And Movers Bharatpur
Packers And Movers Bikaner
Packers And Movers Bhiwadi

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers kolkata said...

We are expert in Handling,Packers And Movers Kolkata and Packing & Shifting of Household Goods, Office goods, Commercial Equipment and Car, Logistics and Transportation. Packers and Movers Kolkata

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers howrah said...

Packers And Movers Cooch Behar
Packers And Movers Darjeeling
Packers And Movers Midnapore
Packers And Movers Birbhum
Packers And Movers Bankura
Packers And Movers Bardhaman
Packers And Movers Hooghly

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers Kolkata to Hyderabad said...

Packers And Movers Kolkata to Bangalore
Packers And Movers Kolkata to Delhi
Packers And Movers Kolkata to ahmedabad
Packers And Movers Kolkata to Gurgaon
Packers And Movers Kolkata to jaipur
Packers And Movers Kolkata to Chennai
Packers And Movers Kolkata to Pune

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers Chennai said...

Nice blog.. thanks for sharing a nice blog.. its very interesting and useful for me....please visit my website i assure you that it will benefit you.
http://packersmoverschennai.in/

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Packers And Movers Chennai said...

An excellent information provided thanks for all the information i must say great efforts made by you. thanks a lot for all the information you provided.
Packers And Movers Chennai

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home