Friday, April 01, 2005

Dazed

I have spent 6 hours sleeping in the last 72 hours that have passed by (And I have not been working!). There's a blur that's set in before my eyes, a strange smile of a drunken soul, a short-term memory so short that it would suit a gold fish and a clarity of thought of a rock star. Suddenly feels like I have too many things to write about. Here are a few snippets
  • Got stuck with the police again - this time, the traffic police division near the flyover close to koramangala at 11:30 in the night. They have changed the one-way rules again and I am sure it's just a coincidence that the entire police force is in action only at the end of the month. When my friend and I were duly filling forms and confessing to crimes of one-way traffic, dangerous driving etc etc, a traffic inspector standing next to me sold himself to a smooth talking soul for 100 rupees.
  • Am reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. Simply brilliant - you can read the book for the sole reason of enjoying Wilde's wit and sarcasm. His one liners are fantastic and is the book is full of them. Read this one and was reminded of bloggers & those dating them & those planning to date them -
    "The only artists I know I have ever known are personally delightful are bad artists. Good artists exist simply in what they make and hence are perfectly uninteresting in what they are. But inferior poets are absolutely fascinating. The worse their rhymes are, the more picturesque they look. He lives the poetry he cannot write"
    Does that explain the number of witty, charming, single bloggers. Here's the answer - start writing badly!
  • Have you ever seen a movie where there's this one character who's so like you, events in the movie so similar to events in your life that it makes you feel vulnerable, as though your deepest secrets are out there for millions to watch. Am I the only one?
  • I have been reading a lot of film scripts off late - a passion that started during my days at INSEAD. The level of detail they provide is much more than what you see on screen. If you are interested, here's where you can find some - http://www.movie-page.com/movie_scripts.htm
Ok. There's so much more to say but I have to go now.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Tobacconist said...

Aah! Reading scripts is fun. Esp. when you can go "Hey! Why didn't this make it to the movie?" . And then you realize Pacino was being a wise ass again and "improvising" and shit.

Actors! Bah! Reading the frigging script!
:) (strategically placed smiley to convey the comment is in jest!)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

totally agree with you on that! classic example for it would be "When Harry met sally" - the one on screen is so much better than the one on paper!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

I know the vulnerable feeling...i feel that way quite often :)
So, rest assured, thou art never alone...my chatter will give thee company :p

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sattva - The Alternative said...

You are not the only one. Sometimes you see your past flashing on the screen with such uncanny resemblance, you cant fathom how the director knew about your life! I squirm in my seat watching such movies. As for scripts, sometimes, they are gems to be kept as collector's items! My fav is matrix, too many knockout one liners.

3:19 PM  
Blogger AM said...

Clarity of a rockstar. Brilliant!! Britney Lovers - 1; Drunken Rock fans - 0

9:28 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@kumari and Aarti - glad to know i have some company :)

@Modi - thank you :)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home