Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I have been tagged

I have been tagged! I am not sure how this works exactly. But from what I could gather, here's a list of books that I am

Currently reading
  • Searching for certainty - John L Casti
  • Bono on Bono
Just Finished (in the last one month)
  • Fermat's last theorem
  • Alchemy of Desire
  • One hundred years of Solitude
On the list to read
  • Jim Morrison's biography
  • Sidhartha - Herman Hess
  • Brave new world - Aldous huxley
  • 1984 - George Orwell
  • Orchid thief (the book, the movie "Adaptation" is based on)
  • Swami and Friends - RK Narayan
Favorite books (not in any order)
  • Fountainhead - Ayn rand
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell
  • To kill a mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • Green Mile - Stephan King
  • Alchemy of desire - Tarun Tejpal
  • Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri
  • Captain Corelli's mandolin - Louis De Bernieres
  • India Unbound - Gurcharan Das
  • Games people play - Eric Berne
  • The Goal - Elijah Goldhardt
  • Godfather - Mario Puzo
  • Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
  • Dark Nature - Lyall Watson
... and probably lots more that I can't remember now.
The ones I tag are people who aren't blogging actively during the recent past. Yet, are three people with a lovely taste in terms of books.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sindhuja Parthasarathy said...

"Games people play" is one hell of a book,i simply luv it..

U liked goal?Wish u'd told me this earlier!

3:00 PM  
Blogger RS said...

Rathish, you got the game right and you did not disappoint, I think I can spend the next six months, reading books that you have mentioned here! Started with "A Suitable boy" after visiting your blog!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

So sorry for the delay in replying to the comments!

@Samudraa - Games people play is an awesome book. How does liking goal change things? :)

@RS - how did you like "The Suitable Boy"? I never managed to finish it because it was too huge to be carried in my office shuttle :) Do let me know how you liked it.

@Zenmotor - Bits senior? I am trying to guess who it can be (Not that I have a lot of clues :). Have heard a LOT about Zen & TAOFMM. Shall read it soon!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rathish Nags from CTS!!
Nice reading your blogs. And nice tagging game I got quite a few books i could spend my time reading going thru a couple of tags!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

A pretty good list. I havent read most of them. And I missed out in mentioning 1984, an absorbing book.

11:11 AM  
Blogger nestpa said...

If you've got Animal Farm on your list then do read 1984 and Brave New World, because they're more complex satires and hugely satisfying. I've got Animal Farm, Mockingbird and Godfather on my list. Check out mine list too:
http://dlc22.blogspot.com/2005/08/books-and-padayatty.html

1:15 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Got to read brave new world! loved it! 1984 is in the coming :)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home