puny pixels of peculiarities
Ew!!! I know the title sucks. let's move on .... I do feel like writing a lot today. So, thought I would pen down my most quirky and weird habits.
- I don't know to spell most of the common english words, I mean even the most common of them. Thanks to dictionary.com and microsoft word, my english is mostly readable. I mostly go by the sounds of words and the way they look to gauge whether they fit or not.
- I am ambiguously ambidextrous - my only claim to this ability to playing cricket left-handed. I almost do everything else (writing, racquet games ... )with my right hand. Volley ball is an exception I guess.
- If I have one thing in each hand, out of which I have to throw one and one I have to retain, I always end up throwing the wrong thing inside the dustbin. Happens to me all the time.
- I dont know whether this is usual - but whenever I eat food with my hand, my forefinger always goes away from the rest of my fingers as I get closer to my mouth
- Any time I am alone (doing whatever - eating, walking or staring at the mirror) , I talk to myself - LOUDLY! Many a time, I rehearse an argument or a fight I think I will have with someone soon. Most of the time, these arguments never happen.
- I talk to god a lot (i mean talk loudly) - probably he's the one I talk a lot to after to myself.
- My greatest problem in life is I don't have preferences - really, I don't have a preference for any issue that's before me. I can give you broad guideliness for platonic issues. But where do you want to eat? what do you want to wear? should I buy this one or that one? which car? which color? which dish? blank slate!
- Anytime I sleep at home - I don't pull over a blanket around me. I wait for my mom to come and do it for me everyday. EVERYDAY! And thankfully, she never forgets.
- I am an extremely sensitive movie watcher - excessive violence or pain don't disturb me. But what disturbs me are trivial things like - an innocent man being cheated (I always wish I could go into the screen and tell him what's happening - mahanadi being a case in point), a rich guy becoming poor (Uyarndha ullam for example), child abuse (I will burn the reels of monsoon wedding and kadhal kondaen), and any scenes where pregnant women are suffering. Till I was thirteen, I used to hide under our dining table. Now, I go drink some water or search for an invisible piece of paper under the seat
- How many times in your life have you wondered, while looking at a girl, how life will be if you marry her? I have got a lot of single digit answers. Mine will easily cross 3 digits - even four. Not that I transpire for an intimate relationship with every girl I meet. It's just that that is the first thing that comes to my mind. I think, laugh about it and leave it - but sometimes, I even get adventurous and tell the girl I feel so - and most of the time, those girls took a couple of days before they started talking to me again
- Pessimism - thy name is me as you would find in the following points. Actually, in terms of attitude towards life, I feel extremely positive. But when let to think, I imagine the worst of disasters. Everytime I start writing, for the first couple of lines, I wouldn't be convinced that I haven't actually FORGOTTEN how to write. It's only after a couple of lines that I regain the faith that the quilt is not yet broken :)
- I always think about death and dying - it's silly. But quite frankly, everytime I cross the road, everytime I go in a plane - I feel I would never come back alive. Every now and then, I make a list ofwhat would be my greatest regrets if I die this very second.
- Most of the time I silently wish disasters occur (on the same lines, I imagine myself in the most tragic moments possible). I always have a feeling I have never been tested enough - plane crash, death of the most loved ones, losing a limb are usual recipes for thought.
- I have been having the same set of dreams since childhood - at least most of them. Even the details don't change.
- The habit I hate the most about me is picking my nose. I think I have a problem coz after about half an hour of no-nose-picking, I find it hard to breathe and a truckload of phlegm is settled there (trust me, I find it as much eww!! writing it as you feel reading it. But truth time is now!).
- I am very scared of jails - probably, every one is. But jails are the places I am most scared to be in ever!