Friday, December 24, 2004

an effort to 'Light'-en up?

Our entire building is decked up with lights and balloons for christmas - looks really good, especially in the night. I am wondering why they would do it - no really! By classic definitions, a company does everything to maximise profits. how does this increase profits - do employees feel good that the place they are working for looks so good (especially, by the time they leave office). Do smart intelligent people in the roads look at the building, find it impressive and join the company? Prospective clients probably?
Brings me to the question as to why we do it at home - because we celebrate these festivals at home, because decorating the house is one of the things that I do with my parents and my brother and somehow makes me feel closer to my kin and there's also this thing of "my neighbour's house is much more prettier than mine. So, let's do it". But here, I don't decorate the building with my colleagues and get to know them better, I don't celebrate or attach my firm with any form of christmas celebration and also, we have no neighbours in this godforsaken place who can look prettier than us!
I wonder why! I wonder why!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home