Thursday, March 10, 2005

Looking back ....

I have neither grown old enough nor accomplished something substantial to actually stop and look back at my blogging legacy. But, over the last six months my blogging habit's raison d'etre has been changing ever so often.

I have always wanted to take writing seriously, publish articles and present what I can write in a public forum. Once in a while, I will get all enthusiastic, chase opportunities, submit articles for magazines and after a month or two, lose all steam go back to my mundane life. Blogging hence was a fantastic opportunity - no one has to approve what I write or submit, I write whatever comes to my mind and there was a feeling of such pristine satisfaction in putting something down on 'paper'.

After sometime, blogging became an emotional and idea vent. I pack all that I am feeling, thinking or am pretending to think into stories, incidents, happened-to-my-friend anectodes and get them out of my system. Felt much clearer and lighter than what I had felt in many years. And soon, I realized people were visiting my blog and don't know when, but insiduously was creeping this desire to play to the audience.

I put a hit-counter on my blog, checked the number of comments I get every hour, went around to different blogs to know what made them popular and successful and soon, the satisfaction of having written a nice blog came after a couple of them commented about it. So much so that the whole perspective on what was the ends, and what the by-product was lost.

In the last couple of weeks, I have been doing quite a bit of travelling; I have been stripped of my laptop coz even my manager's been traveling and I have been forced to leave at 6:15 thus don't have the choice of leaving late and posting something substantial here. So, it's in those my-server-is-starting, let-the-tests-finish moments that I have been writing what's on top of my head and publishing them here. I neither have the time nor the inclination to manipulate, sieve and observe my ideas under the lens of public applause before posting them. The hit counter is still there, appreciation is still gratifying, there's still an anxious moment while the page refreshes and the comments counter is updated - but now, this very moment, blogging is a sincere attempt to try express what's running in my mind, a verbal canvas painted from within an uninhabited island for the simple joy of seeing the way words come to life. Now, this very moment - And I am hoping it stays the same way for time to come.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rathish said...

“To the outsider, the baby is dirty, covered in blood and grime, too tiny , hairless n toothless and wailing like a banshee.

To the mother who painfully traveled the distance between hell and earth and heaven a million times to beget him, he is the most beautiful Angel ”

So is the case with any creation. Keep writing…coz you want to.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

the above comment was Kumari's - I posted it on her behalf!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jax said...

couldnt have said it better than kumari did! so keep writing dude! :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Avinash said...

Hey Rathu,

Keep roaring da !!!

Cheers,
Avinash

10:17 AM  
Blogger Woodworm said...

Great going!

But will you turn back before you turn into a pillar of salt and start posting ???? ;-)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home