Thursday, March 17, 2005

Marriage is a big deal, I realized!

This prolonged absence from the blogging world seems to have coincided with my previous post forcing me to clarify that I have absolutely no intentions to quit blogging. Left for chennai over the weekend (on sunday) and came back today morning. Well, I could have as well been in Timbukthu coz I was seeing the same faces over and over again in the last 3 days, stuck in a kalyana mandapam for close to 48 hours - beating my previous personal best of an hour and 37 minutes - and stuck in family and shopping chores for the rest of the time

The news of the marriage is now official. Not many knew but yeah, it was supposed to be that way. Some real close friends were missed - but everyone was represented. Right from my class mates, teachers, college friends, colleagues and ex-class mates of Sudha from her days in Anna adharsh and GE, family friends and relatives. The marriage happened in typical iyengar fashion, about which I have loads to write about. Also realised the amount of people skills you need when you are actually in the epicenter of something as colossal as marriage.

Also got to see places like the sub registrar office, places I thought I would never have to be in - a dingy, lazy, government office - where we had to sign and register the wedding. Would have LOVED to stay longer - but had to come back to office today. Yes gentlemen, the next day after marriage, I am reporting for work. what can I say - a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do :)

Anyways, gotta get back to work now. Thanks to Hutch, I have not been able to reach Sudha or even her sister since morning! So much for "connecting people" and "being wherever I go!".

Adieu -- and before I part, I wish a very very happy married life to Arjun, my bestest friend and classmate, and Sudha, my classmate again! - both of whom I know for more than a decade. Never realized marriage is such a collosus of emotions till I was there, beside Arjun all through the last 3 days playing all roles including the best man, accounts manager, gifts collector, groom's make up man, eligible bachelor who's supposed to complete the "arathi" taking and coconut breaking rituals, organizing committee's youth wing (comprising of cousins and nephews) chief and finally witness signature in the marriage certificate.

I have so much to write about! So much! Shall flick the laptop and do the honors tonight.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

And i have reams to read before i sleep...reams to read.

So write soon Daddykins! :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Avinash said...

Hey Rathu...

Gr8t to note that u attended a Marriage..... As for me,Its been more than 4-5 years since i attended a marriage.. ( fond of the kalyana sapadu, hehe )

Okie... When is ur marriage da .. Rat ?!?!?! Let me hav that privilege of being ur best man, accounts manager, gifts collector, make up man.... hehe...

8:39 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Hey Avinash, so nice to see you visiting my blog machi :) en kalyanama - en da, naan sandhoshama irukaradhu pidikalaya? ;)

9:12 AM  
Blogger ~S~ said...

Rat, i swear, throughout the blog, till I reached the 'Adieu' part, i thot YOU got married. Was mentally composing a list of curses and abuses for not inviting me.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

I had the same feeling too..that u were the person getting married, especially after reading this line Yes gentlemen, the next day after marriage, I am reporting for work. what can I say - a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do :)

BTW, ae u sure only gentlemen read ur blog?

2:11 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@Sandhya and Sangeetha - thank you! coz that was the intention ;) But mera number aayega! :)

@Sangeetha - I really do hope it's not true :)

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home