Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Nut and nuttier!

This is the most useless and vain blog I have written in so long .... but if you can make something out of it, do let me know.

Till very long time ago, I had this habit of staying away from things I really love - I would not listen to the songs I like a lot again and again, the same case with the food I love to have, Shirts I like to wear, movies I love to watch and whatever you can extend it to --- for the mere reason that, I had this belief that I would get tired of it sooner if I keep using it again and again - Law of Diminishing utility.

Off late, I realize that this part of me has changed - be it the food I eat and especially, the music I listen to - There are a set of songs that I have been listening to everyday, sometimes as much as 10 times consecutively and that's so unlike me.

Does this mean something? Can you put this in a greater perspective and see something else! First that and now this - I am either extremely jobless (which I don't think I am), or need a shrink a.sa.p.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

i wanted to say a million things...but then sometimes thoughts left unsaid sing louder than those voiced...

Welcome to the world of PeterPan!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

I am still not sure I like this world very much :)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

I'm curious to know what the songs are. Especially the one you listen to 10 times in a row.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

'Tis not so bad...after all, moi has been here so long and not a single dull moment :) Hmm...is that the reason u don't like it so muhc? ;)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Meera said...

Wouldn't it be better (if not easier) to take life as it comes, and not worry abt the law of diminishing utility? If the interest/desire in a particular thing, say a song or a shirt, diminishes, doesnt it just mean that desire has lived its course and it is now dead? What is the point in holding on to it?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@Meera - well said :) I think it's just a crab mentality meera - trying to hold on to things that I find special, praying for immortality for every like of mine.

@Kumari - 2 options. the reason I don't like it is
a. there's not a single dull moment
b. "moi" has been here so long ;)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@Mint - I have said enough about my knowledge of music. So, I am not repeating it :) The songs I listen to these days very often are
- Layla (clapton)
- Where the streets have no name (U2)
- Secret garden (springsteen - this version's got dialogues from the movie J.Maguire - another of my favorites!)
- Annie's song (Denver)
... and some more :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

And the Right answer is 'b' ---considering what is written in my profile ;)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Amrutha Ragavan said...

A transition from existence to living. A breath of fresh lease of life, a bright new beginning, an unanswered puzzle. What can I say?Just that the world gives you a choice between liking it and disliking it, I think that makes living more vivid

8:56 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@amrutha - et tu? :)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home