Tuesday, October 12, 2004

A Linked list on Salzburg

The next few days will probably see me blogging a little more than usual - I have a continuously increasing list of things to write about including the kick boxer and the amelie poulain that I have been enquired about. And also about a lot of other things I have learnt between stops. Now that I read my last blog, I see such a compulsive influence of Jhumpa lahiri. More on her and her writing style later ....
Now, to keep up a recent promise ... a quick account on my trip to Salzburg.
The 5 things I enjoyed the most in Salzburg
1. The idea itself - to pack the bags, book the tickets on the fly, find a youth hostel, flip a few print outs and find your way to the places you decided to see a moment ago. To be surprised, disapointed, starved, sometimes even shocked, but finally fall in your bed, dead tired as a content soul is probably going to be my slogan for life
2. The ice caves - I probably scaled the longest peak that I have been to so far - half by bus, the rest by walk and a furnicular. The visibility was probably a couple of meters (If there were a sun right behind my head, I wouldn't have been able to see my shadow). There was mist all around, and when they cleared left a breathtaking view of mountains and a little village down in the valley. There were bamboo poles forming a rickety fence on a lonely, winding road that took us to the top. The ice caves themselves, at sub zero temperature, full of stalicites and stalagamites (how does one ever spell this!) formed all these wonderful shapes which as a kid, I might have made a cartoon comic strip with.
3. The public transport - amazingly breathtaking views.The glass pane next to my seat was like a magical window in the hogwarts express - like a canvas holding amazing paintings from the corridors of louvre, swapped and shifted every second minute.
4. Photography - if I have to make a list of things that I have stuck really thick to me after my trip to france - it must be F.r.i.e.n.d.s, photography and U2 in the same order. Thanks to the mates who gifted me this wonderful sony digi cam, every view is canned, lit and viewed from different angles and hues. I still have a long way to go. But there's a wish, a firefly with its flash button on, lighting up dark rooms in my lab (the last sentence has a shade of TR to it!).
5. The company - I hate such public acknowledgements. But should admit that after my trips to Corsica and Strausburg, I was again in the company that's totally uncomplicated, unsentimental and perfectly complementary to me as a person. You seamlessly shift from one topic to another, make up silly games and enjoy them without a feeling of looking stupid, adore crankiness and the pristine sense of fun that emanates out of it. Keep it Simple with a capital S.
Gotta go now - shall come back and fill this blog with other trivial details that I have to strain my brain to list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home