Friday, July 01, 2005

After a long long time ...

And what do you know, the kempe gowda bus stop also has a broadband internet cafe :) Feels like a lifetime since I have been here last (been ages since I even read someone's blog) and I have so many things to talk about - movies I saw, books I have read, pimps I met, incidents, accidents and vague trains of thoughts that I have been chasing - so much to a point where it feels like a pressure cooker inside, where every thought is making its way out all at the sametime.
It was a good idea to make a list of books that I wanted to read - I have been clinically knocking them off from the list in the last few weeks. Started off with Jim morrison's biography (No one here gets out alive), and then went on to read Future of India (Bimal Jalan), Siddhartha (Herman Hesse), Swami and Friends (R K Narayan) leaving 1984, Brave new world and Orchid Thief on the list - Orchid thief will go down as one book that I have searched the most in my lifetime. There are probably a handful who have read the book. But the fact that Charlie kaufmann decided to take it up and adapt it into a screenplay (in his own unique way) is a good enough reason for me to read it. And what a movie - makes more sense everytime I read it (Yeah, I actually have read the whole script twice or thrice). Anyway, no reason to complain coz ~L has promised to give me Ponniyin Selvan and that's like a looong time resident in my to-be-read list. Right now it's "Anne Frank - the diary of a little girl" (I am thinking how she would have felt finding her diary being read by so many millions of people. Probably she has the answer to that question too. It's amazing reading something so unpretentious and so close to the heart, when you are not performing to an audience or writing to please someone)
On my way home now and I am so looking forward to it - Feels like a long time since I really slept like a log. Am telling myself that I will blog a lot during the weekend. But considering how sleepy I am feeling right now, I don't think I am going to come back here again. Let's see :)
Just a quick request - if any of you know of any interesting books on the life and times under the Nazis or any good introductory books on Economics, do let me know. So long ladies and gentlemen ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

Try 'Secret & Stories of World War 2'. It's a collection of articles from the Reader's Digest i think. Pretty good read. If you ever drop in at my place in Chennai, u can borrow it from Appa. It's in my room's book shelf, to pmost row next to the dictionary...sigh.

And yeah, return it in shape , on time :-D

11:04 PM  
Blogger m. said...

oh DO try "the moon is down" by john steinbeck - its such a beautiful story!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@kumari and m- thank you. Shall pick them a.s.a.p.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home