Saturday, November 20, 2004

Bitsian Bloggers

I hate writing comments on other people's blogs. I really don't feel like it even when I thoroughly enjoy a piece of work.

I love it when people leave a comment on my blog. It's true - what I write here is entirely what I feel like and it doesn't bother me if no one ever comes to this page. But, if somebody managed to finish one of these long winding passages and even had the time and inclination to leave a comment, I find it extremely gratifying.

It didn't take me too long to realize that there's obviously a teeny little gap between what I do and what I want. And when it stuck me, it was a very profound realization. Probably it's because of the work I did at INSEAD - But this particular phenomenon has so much in common with what happens in real life. To paraphrase what a wise man said, Do to others what you want to be done to yourself (that's like St.Paul with sunglasses on version of a bible verse ;)).

Anyways, In this process of loving and sharing, giving and receiving (any fellow friends freaks thought of joey's lines for chandler-monica's wedding speech?) , I realized there are a lot like me who are hunting for bitsian blogs. So, I have decided to compile a list of BITSian blog addresses.

If you are a bitsian and
1. you have a blogspot address that you want to share
2. you know of someone who has a blogspot address that hewants to share

do drop in a comment to this post and I shall add you to the list. I wanted to get the list up before I leave office today - Unfortunately, I have to rush. They are screening Kabhie kushi kabhi gham in a German channel today. Though, it's one of the sickest movies I have seen in my life, the thought of watching Shahrukh speak german is zimply irreziztable.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

Well the wiser one G.B.Shaw said "Don't do unto others what you would love them to do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same." This is why i don't post comments :-D[Hint!hint!]

And this comment in a way answers your post too :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi da.. I shall try get you some blogs of our batchmates.. That's easy for me than me blogging!!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Sattva - The Alternative said...

Well, I comment more than I blog :-) Especially when it comes to controversial topics!!! Anyways, you could add me to the "BiBlo" list!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Just wanted to let you know that the list of blogs is complete, you might find it to the right of the home page in the "You might wanna" section.

and Craig, as regards to who's a bitsian. Tough question actually - we are a bunch of nomads who walked around a desert for 4 years and are often characterized by a weird sense of humor, bizzare sleeping habits and an active nocturnal life. And yeah, one another thing we have in common is that we studied in the same university, situated in the north of india, for 4 years :-)

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too big a world..lest you confine to a desert

1:05 AM  
Blogger Srinath said...

hey Ratish...you could add me tooo...sry for being late to reply

2:31 PM  
Blogger Sumi said...

well..i know this is too late..but then couldnt stop my urge to get added to the blog list....a true bitsian instinct..

8:14 PM  
Blogger vivitsa said...

Hi.. http://camelinthedesert.blogspot.com

a small effort to bring together BITSian Bloggers..sent an invite to ur on3rdjuly id.. if you use something else,please let me know , will be glad to add you..

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home