Sunday, November 14, 2004

Formal gathering attendo-phobia

Some good news this week - ~S (I hate all this cryptology. But I am not sure to how many people he has actually talked to about his marriage. So, didn't want to get him into trouble by letting important people know through a public blog) is going to get married. And I am pretty kicked about it. I would love to say that we go a long way back together. But that's not quite true - I know him only for a good 2 years now. but I am still kicked.
I remember that one time when we were seated in a cafe and we were talking of our expectations from our better halves and what our opinions and dreams are. We were agreeing upon everything that after sometime it started feeling too creepy - our only requirement in terms of physical appearance from our future wives was that they have to have a wonderful smile and lovely eyes. We agreed that these are only two things that age cannot spoil. Fast forward to now - he has sent across snaps of his fiancee and she does have a lovely smile. lucky him :)
I have promised myself and him that I will be going for his marriage - quite frankly, I am not quite sure. I don't know if this is listed in phobias people can have. But I am scared of formal social gatherings (is formal social an oxy-moron? anyway, i mean occasions like marriages). The only time I have gone for a marriage alone was when Sundar's sister got married and that was because sundar is a darling and someone I know and haven't met for long was coming and I desperately wanted to meet her. I somehow have this fear that I will be a misfit and that I will feel lonely there (remember sid in DCH? "maa, wahan mein bahuth bore hotha hoon!". that's me :) refer to postscript.). Probably many guys do - but I am so bad that, there have been times when I have convinced myself to go till the bus-stop but couldn't get myself to board the bus to the "kalyan-mandap". Sometimes, I have gone inside and been there for 2-3 minutes and rushed out feeling claustrophobic inside. So, to travel 5-6 hours to another city to attend a marriage is so unlike me. Still, since the dates seem so far away, I am pretty relaxed. Will let you know if I really make it :-)
PS: Talking of me being Sid, soon after DCH released, there was this craze that if 3 people are friends, one of them has to akash, the other sameer and the last one Sid. We were 3 guys - Santhosh, Arjun and I - who have been together since high school. Arjun one day mails the two of us and says he saw DCH and the friends were just like us. Santhosh is sameer because he's a flirt. Arjun's Akash because he's cool, doesn't have sentiments and will finally get married to someone as gorgeous as preity zinta. I am Sid because Arjun wants to be Akash :-) That's a good reason aye! Unfortunately, I was a part of quite a few such triplets and in one I was sameer and in another I was Akash. there were 4 of us in f'bleau and there the crisis was solved by making me Farhan akhthar the director!

1 Comments:

Blogger ledsuki said...

"S"? or is it akash? :).

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home