Thursday, December 30, 2004

concise communication

Was reading the book "Eats shoots and leaves" last night (more on the book later) and was reminded of a conversation I had with priya once in walldorf. Time and again, I get this feeling that I am getting too wordy with my blogs and tell myself that the next time I blog, it's going to be concise. In the same context, I was once planning to write a blog that narrates an event, shows my excitement, stays faithful to factual details like time, and also shows a facet of my personality,namely, my deep spiritual faith; most importantly, it should be concise. so, the intended blog read

"God! snowed last night"

I leave the explanation to you. I was reminded of this while I was reading an anectode about Victor hugo who wanted to know how his book was doing and telegraphed his publisher about it. The publisher replied back saying it's doing really well. what's special about this exchange are the actual messages sent to and fro.

Victor Hugo's message: "?"
The publisher's reply: "!"

It can't get concise(r) than this!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

One of my fav quotes on brevity - Good things, when short, are twice as good :) Keep blogging.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home