Monday, January 17, 2005

I am back :)

One EXTREMELY and excruciatingly long weekend. But I had so much time for myself that I have loads and loads to blog about. Let's hope I get the .... No. I am not saying it! i am NOT saying it. Here's the summary of the weekend that passed by.
  • List of books I started and finished this weekend - Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy (finally!), Restaurant at the end of the universe, Broken music (Sting's autobiography). And, a few books that I have been reading for sometime now - Governance (Arun Shourie), Blank slate (Steven Pinker)
  • If that doesn't give you an idea of how much time I had in my hand - this one will. I am not a very "relative"-ly person (if that makes any sense!). But I spent the whole of my sunday from 8 in the morning to 5 in the evening, helping out (listen carefully) my father's father's brother's wife's sister's son's son in the grahapravesham of their new house.
  • I got a Sify account and paid some 100 bucks just to blog and read other people's blogs.
  • The only respite in the whole of the weekend was an hour I spent with SSS and ~N. Right from the moment we stepped in to the time we left, we were laughing our hearts out! All three of us! ~N is a real darling - she laughs so much for even the most trivial of jokes that it actually gives you the impression that you are quite funny!
Anyways, all this left me with some profound insights :-) which is good. But now -- in 3 letters is my breath, and once it's over is my talk (a very crude translation of an tamil song!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

~N and SSS? Hmm...i wanna say more but what i would really be saying is : You guys are truly funny! ~P would laugh too :p:p

1:23 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

what do you mean with the Q mark in "~N and SSS?" :-)
As for the compliment, danks!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Dats for SSS to answer :)
btw i just realised your 'crude' translation of the tamil song is wrong - In 3 letters is my breath and even after it (my breath) is over, talks (of me) will never cease. :-D

3:53 PM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

Did you like the Pinker book?

I have "How the Mind Works" as a recommended text book for one of my courses here. It is a fascinating read.

S.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

This is the first book I am reading of Pinker. The amount of detail and research that he brings to the table is amazing! Blank slate is lovely - if you loved H.T.M.W, I am sure you will love this. On the flip side, he has such an utter disregard for conflicting research that you sometimes feel, you are just fed one side of the story.

9:31 AM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

these psychologists are that way. they have nothing but contempt for other theories floating around. in the course i am doing is littered with people hating each others' guts. :)

i enjoy reading your posts. i don't really know if we met back in pilani. i was there 00-04.

anyway take care.

S.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

We haven't really met. But I remember having seen you around. I was there 98-2002.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home