Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Say you love it!

For long, I have been toying with this idea of starting a poll among all bitsian blogs that I maintain just to know which ones people find most enjoyable. But I ghussed the idea for various reasons including
  1. the costs of writing an application to do such a thing and the logistics of hosting it somewhere.
  2. the awareness that, all said and done, that list is just another post that people find useful and
  3. loads of experience in screwing up things that are working fine out of over-enthusiasm
However, there are certain blogs that I just love to read and for some reason (don't ask me why!), I didn't want to mention it as a part of any post in my blog (more on this later) - which was exactly why I wanted to start this whole poll of "enjoyable blogs".
So, it was good news that I ran into this site where you can vote for blogs that you enjoy reading and the results will be announced in the end. Of course, there's a slim chance that my vote is going to make a difference coz
  1. the whole world is voting and I am sure there will be tons and tons of votes coming in.
  2. soon, there will be groups with agendas who will poll a lot of proxy votes (for reasons varying from same nationality to beer buddyism) to skew the results (how else do you think, aishwarya rai and amitabh B won the BBC polls? We even shamelessly send forwarded mails canvassing for those people!)
However, this poll presents me a chance to express whose blogs I love. I hope, finally, they show a list of blogs that have been nominated so that my votes "makes a difference" :) If you have been following any blogs that you find thorougly enjoyable, go ahead and cast your vote (god! I feel like our film stars in those 30 second infomercials)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of votes: here's another one

http://new7wonders.com/

4:32 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Ideal example! Did you get a mail too, requesting you to vote for taj mahal? I was about to quote this one as an example too - then, I would have forgotten what I started off with :-)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so far i haven't got the mail. but read in vikatan

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

voting for blogs is just fun, inconsequential...canvassing for amitabh,aish is indeed shameless...but taj, meenakshi temple are the prides of the nation...and iam sure any indian wud not fail to admire the beauty of these monuments...to me, those mails were just spreading the awareness that such a poll is being conducted!!so that souls like me, who wud love to vote wudnt go uninformed......
and...if at all ppl canvass for the vote, wats wrong? its afterall UR nation, UR monument...if U dont show solidarity in supporting its cause for a "wonder" race, who else wud?
u mite say "needless to say, the taj is a wonder..." ..but remember this "wonder" tag-generated tourism will fetch UR nation loads of revenue...so why not contribute in a small way to that cause??

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home