Monday, January 24, 2005

invigorated!

Bliss, thy name is my last weekend! Been a long time since I enjoyed every minute of my weekend. Here's a summary of what I did
  • Registered myself for an acting course. Seems the instructor is someone who's acted in hollywood movies. For a long time now, I wanted to measure myself as an actor and a performer outside the confines of BITS. And hopefully, this gives me a chance to get to know more people in theater and take my own ideas further :)
  • Equipped my house with yet another gizmo - this time a 800W (I know, that's not too much. But for my house, it practically gets the roof down!), Cd-MP3-Cassette player. This was a long pending wish, to get my own music system. My first CD - Morning Raaga (if you haven't heard it and you love fusion/classical music, listen to it NOW!). My first Cassette - The best of U2 (rocks!)
  • Had another "relative-evening" - but this time it was refreshingly pleasant! My radical uncle (I decided not to change his status, despite his insistence in the thread-tying episode), and some of his relatives (all around 35-40) sat together and we discussed everything from management practices, movies, music, spirituality, architecture, job market and survival strategies, rearing love birds to "tricks while you take your wife out for shopping!". This is such a welcome relief for me coz I have never managed to talk about anything apart from weather and well ... weather.
  • Met up with an old classmate of mine. She and I were joint toppers in school and the present principal wants us to give a talk on current educational and professional landscape. It's a wonderful feeling going back to my alma-mater though I am sure not a single soul knows me now.
  • Had a wonderful chat session with one of my acquaintances, am really thinking about making in public though we share the "IPR" for it. If she has no intentions of taking it forward, I might as well bring it up here :)
  • Watched National treasure (Video piracy jindabad!) - ok movie. Very Da vinci codish. And the fact that (Nicholas) cage gets it right everytime gets unnerving after sometime.
All this in one weekend - compared to a dead corpse of a weekend that preceded this! Anyways, it's getting too long and I have to go work.

PS: As for the title, it's like the word "Gargantuan" - To paraphrase what a great man once said, "You know I've always liked that word Invogorated, and I so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence." (If not all, one man from france, if he checks this blog should get it!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

I was in Mysore as part of my 12th std excursion trip. We were at Chamundi hills and i was shivering like a fir tree(if fir trees do shiver) and my French Ma'am said "isn't this an invigorating weather?". I blinked twice and answered "Oui". For the life of me i didn't know what it stood for...i still don't :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

Isn't the "great man" actually a woman? :)) To quote another great man "some time the best man for a job is a woman" :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

:) But the woman said the lines written by a great man! But I can't quite figure out the great man who said the wonderful lines you have quoted :) Here's another one that I was reminded of - "There is,believe me gentlemen, nothing sexier on earth than a woman you have to salute in the morning"

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Will you two gentlemen enlighten this not-so-gentle woman?(well i too wanted to write sth that had man & woman in it :p)

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do ack :)
I do reckon that we shoudnt eschew the opportunites that
come our way without any of our thought processes invested in the operational dynamics of such acts.
And which is more....your weekend bill be in bliss!

( I always wanted to use the MBA-essay-words in a blog comments, so rarely i get the opportunity to use it that way).

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

find the webster's meaning for invigorate at :

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=invigorated&x=11&y=21

and i wud like to add something to the ongoing "man..woman" discussion...a german saying goes:
"Ein Mann ist ein Wort...Eine Frau ist eine Wörterbuch"(a man is a word,a woman is a dictionary):-)
not sure if its true,though...:-D

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home