Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ta(aq)-llied!

I hate losing other people's stuff! Really - hate it to a point that I can lose sleep over it; And especially so, when it's something like a signed copy of a CD that is quite special to someone. And as you might have guessed by now, that's exactly what happened. ~V gave me his two favorite Thermal and a quarter CDs (just about the time when I quoted one of their songs here!) one evening in the middle of my play practice. I gave it to ~S to keep them safe and tight and in the most unusual of circumstances, the CDs disappeared into thin air.

Then and there started the whole Plan B. We initially thought that getting the CDs was not a problem; but getting it signed by someone in the group required some work. While I hunted for their CDs in Planet M, Landmark and our Chunniwalah's house of music in GagaNagar, ~S contacted a friend of hers who was into event management so that we could get in touch with the group. While my search drew a blank, she got in touch with Brucelee mani, the lead singer of the group. Last night, she traveled all the way to his house, got to know his entire family, bought the copies of the CDs from him, got a complimentary VCD for her efforts for coming so far (to get her/our work done?! Extremely sweet of him!) and at close to 10 in the night, we gave ~V the CDs.

A very innocous, uninteresting, average tamil movie story with very expected results indeed! I am sure, ~V shall forever be under a shadow of doubt that I am not careful with other people's stuff. But I feel better; a lot relieved I must admit. And as for TAAQ - I had met their lead guitarist once in Barrista along with another friend of mine. We literally barged into his table, handed our play script (which incidentally need inputs about music) and asked him for ideas. He was obliging to say the least! And now this - buy their CDs people. They write a lot of meaningful songs, are very talented plus are very nice down to earth people! :)

PS: I really think I should be their brand ambassador! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

Dude, heres the Mallu rock song I told you about yesterday.
http://www.belgiummp3.be/mp3/Avial/avaial_original.mp3

-ajay

11:17 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

thanks dude :) Was telling myself that I should have given you my mail ID! See you tonight!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

:-O You guys have met?
And another meet planned?
err..can i also join the party..puhleaze?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

What? we have met? We are beer buddies man ;) And saary! This is a top-shecret mission that's happening in bangalore. Land here first to be invited!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

PS: The song's awesome dude! AWESOME!

9:53 AM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

thermals have a cd out? damn! any one got mp3s i can d/l?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Sanketh, you might wanna check this out - http://www.thermalandaquarter.com/. Their latest album Plan B can be downloaded for free.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home